Congratulations to the NYC Private & Public Elementary School winners of the 2009 Blackboard Awards! The Blackboard Awards, from Manhattan Media, highlight and celebrate the outstanding achievement of schools, teachers, and principals in NYC.
Here are the Elementary School winners (with a link to their Blackboard Award profile):
NYC Firm Schools:
- New & Noteworthy Private Elementary School: Speyer Legacy School
- New & Noteworthy Private Elementary School: The Blue School
- Rising Star Religious Elementary School: St. Margaret of Cortona School
- Special Needs Citation: Stephennor School
- Outstanding Religious Elementary School: Rodeph Sholom School
- Outstanding Private Elementary School: Trinity School
NYC Public Schools:
- Turnaround Elementary School: Great Expectations, P.S. 85
- Special Needs Citation: ASD Nest Program
- Rising Star Public Elementary School: PS/IS 180-Hugo Newman College Preparatory School
- Outstanding Public Elementary School: NEST+m
The sponsors of 2009 awards include: First Service Williams, Council of School Supervisors and Administrators, The New School, Verizon, and New-York Historical Society.