With the backdrop of Mayor de Blasio’s Digital.NYC, which was revealed on October 1, please join PALNYC and NY Family for the NYC Ed Tech Family Day: A’Fair on Saturday, November 8, 2014 from 10am-3:30pm. This one day event held at NEST+m, a K-12 citywide G&T public school in Manhattan’s Lower East Side, is part carnival, part scavenger hunt, part education fair for parents and their children in kindergarten through 8th grade– offering a fun-filled engaging opportunity to explore education technologies that support individualized learning and talent development at home.
The NYC Ed Tech Family Day: A’Fair will include:
- An event scavenger hunt that’s fun for the entire family. Families will enjoy playing Ed Tech Bingo, carnival style games, watching presentations and engaging in interactive Ed Tech demos. Each child will have multiple chances to win a prize.
- Domain specific stations in the categories of STEM, the Arts, Language & Literacy, Mind & Body Health and 21st Century Skills. These domain specific stations will allow a child an opportunity to explore his or her personal areas of talent, strength or interest.
- A presentation of the $20,000 in scholarship money awarded as part of The Michael Perelstein Memorial Scholarship Fund’s Discover Your Passion Competition in partnership with School Search Solutions
- The opportunity to explore the Ed Tech frontier. With a focus on families, The Ed Tech A’Fair allows parents and children in kindergarten through 8th grade to explore new individualized learning tools to support learning at school and home.
- In addition to offering an interactive environment for you to discover Education Technologies, you’ll meet like minded families and peers and see projects from other students that will inspire.
Tickets start at $10 for kids, $20 for parents and this is a limited engagement venue, so be sure to register now at PALNYC’s Eventbrite site.
For NYC Firm Schools Blog subscribers, we can offer 10 families FREE entry using the discount code: PALNYCPSB
For more information about the event, please visit Parents of Accelerated Learners, NYC [PALNYC] or contact PALNYC Executive Director, Angelique LeDoux at email@example.com or 212.343.8881.
The Parents of Accelerated Learners, NYC [PALNYC] is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that launched three years ago with one mission: to provide educational resources for parents to better support the strengths and talents of their children. This mission continues to be realized today through quality programming and collaboration with a wide network of schools, educators, parents and sponsors. Our ever-expanding network has grown through events like last Fall’s NYC Gifted & Talented Symposium, which served more than 500 parents and educators in New York City and brought together over 70+ speakers in education, mental health, learning, and ed tech (including keynote speaker Dr. Carol Dweck and former NYC Schools Chancellor Harold Levy) that represented organizations like NYU’s Center for Mathematical Talent at Courant Institute, EdLab at Teachers College, Columbia University, The Child Mind Institute, Innovate NYC, Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, Prep for Prep, NYU’s Child Study Center, A Better Chance, and numerous others.
Full disclosure: Shamur A. Khen, Ph.D., Founder & Publisher of the NYC Firm Schools Blog is a Co-Founder of PALNYC.