New York Family and citibabes are co-sponsoring a panel, “Public School or Private School: The Best Option for Your Child.”
This DOWNTOWN panel is for parents with preschoolers — whether you’re applying this fall for kindergarten spots next year, or whether you just want to look ahead and better understand your options.
The panelists will provide essential information, and share their perspectives on such topics as:
* Private School Topics: timelines, ERB tests, school tours and other research, applications, interviews, priority lists and finding the right fit, and the money factor.
* Public School: timelines, G & T (Gifted & Talented) policies, school tours and other research, the best local schools and districts, and overcrowding and available space.
Here are the expert panelists:
* Sharon Spotnitz, Ph.D., Former Executive Director of the Educational Records Bureau (ERB)
* Clara Hemphill, Founder of insideschools.org and author of New York City’s Best Public Elementary Schools: A Parent’s Guide
* Roxana Reid, Founder of Smart City Kids
* Moderated by Eric Messinger, Editor of New York Family
Here are the details:
Wednesday, September 16th, 2009
6PM – 8PM
52 Mercer Street (between Broome and Grand Streets)
Admission is $45 per person, $80 per couple and $55 at the door.