There are many Catholic schools in the Bronx. But that’s not all there is. Here is a short list of 20 Firm Schools you’ll find in the Bronx, which includes some of the ISAAGNY schools in Riverdale.
- Horace Mann School – An ISAAGNY co-ed school through the twelfth grade in Riverdale.
- Immaculate Conception School – The oldest Catholic school in the Bronx.
- Lavelle School For The Blind – A multicultural school for visually impaired children.
- Mount St. Michael Academy – A Catholic college prep school for boys.
- Our Lady Of Angels – Serves Pre-K through eighth grade in the Kingsbridge Heights neighborhood.
- Our Saviour Lutheran School – An elementary, middle, and high school from the Lutheran tradition.
- Preston High School – A girls college prep school with a 100% college acceptance rate.
- R T Hudson School – A Seventh Day Adventist school.
- Riverdale Country School – An ISAAGNY co-ed school in Riverdale (Pre-K through twelfth grade).
- Santa Maria School – Rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition servicing age three through eighth grade.
- SAR Academy – An orthodox yeshiva with a high school, an elementary school, and a nursery school.
- Saints Philip And James – A Catholic elementary school established by the legacy of Cardinal Spellman.
- Saint Anselm Parochial School – A Catholic parochial school in the spirit of St. Anselm.
And the following Catholic Firm Schools are also located in The Bronx:
- St. Athanasius School
- St. Barnabas High School
- St. Catherine Academy
- St. Francis Of Assisi School
- St. Ignatius Academy
- St. John Chrysostom School
- St. Joseph’s School For The Deaf
Not all of these schools necessarily serve up a strictly religious curriculum. They may have been started by a Catholic order and serve general needs. As always, you’ll want to research each school and pick the one that is right for your child.