Brooklyn, like Manhattan, is full of excellent Firm Schools. Instead of just listing and linking to the Brooklyn Firm Schools we’ve written about on NYC Firm Schools Blog, we are going to narrow the list to 20 schools and write a brief synopsis of them. You can still go and read the full post at your convenience.
Here they are, 20 Firm Schools located in Brooklyn, NYC:
- AHRC Middle/High School – Provides education alternatives to adolescents and adults on the autism spectrum.
- Bais Yaakov of 18th Avenue – A Jewish day school serving Pre-K through 8th grade.
- Berkeley Carroll School – An independent college preparatory and day school serving Pre-K through 12th grade.
- Beth Rivkah Elementary School – A Jewish school for girls with early learning curricula through seminary training.
- Big Apple Academy – An elementary, junior high, and high school.
- Bonim Lamokom – A Jewish school for children with Down Syndrome.
- Brooklyn Free School – Students choose their own educational direction.
- Brooklyn Friends School – An independent Quaker school for Pre-K through 12th grade.
- Catherine McAuley High School – An all-girls Catholic school founded in 1942.
- Clara Muhammad School Of Masjid Khalifah – A Muslim school dedicated to developing moral excellence with a predominantly African-American Muslim population.
- East Midwood Hebrew Day School – Serves up a Jewish curriculum for students in nursery school through 8th grade.
- Flatbush SDA School – A Seventh Day Adventist Elementary School.
- Fontbonne Hall Academy – A college preparatory school for girls located in Bay Ridge.
- Guild For Exceptional Children – Provides educational opportunities for disabled children and adults.
- HASC – The Hebrew Academy For Special Children.
- Immaculate Heart Of Mary – A traditional Catholic education for families in Windsor Terrace and Kensington.
- IVDU High School – Special needs education serving all of New York City.
- Leif Ericson Day School – Provides a Christian education.
- Lutheran Elementary School – Associated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church Of America.
- Machon Chana – A yeshiva for girls.
Brooklyn parents are fortunate to have such a diverse selections of private, independent, religious/faith-based schools.