Academy of St. Dorothy is a Catholic school that has placed Jesus as its foundation and center.
One of the central premises of the academic philosophy at Academy of St. Dorothy is the Christian call to service. To instill that call into students administrators require Service Hours as a part of its curriculum.
- PreK and Kindergarten students must perform 1 hour of Service Hours
- Grades 1 & 2 must perform 2 hours
- Grades 3 & 4 require 4 hours
- Grades 5 & 6 need 6 hours
- Grades 7 & 8 are required to serve for 10 hours
Daily religious instruction is also a major part of the educational curriculum at Academy of St. Dorothy. Students also get a good foundation in Language Arts and Mathematics.
The school also provides a bevy of student activities that include drama and athletics. There is a Parents’ Guild to keep parents active and involved in student life and education at Academy of St. Dorothy.
Parents looking for a solid Catholic education for their preK through 8th grade children will have a home at Academy of St. Dorothy.