CP Kids Preschool is a colorful early childhood education option for parents in New York City. Located at Chelsea Piers (Pier 62), hence the “CP”, Suite 300, the school is open to children ages 2.9 years to 5 years of age.
According to the school’s website, the preschool is a continuation of a separately run daycare program. Educators have put together a very well planned educational program that includes:
- Literacy development with phonemic training and the alphabet
- Counting, numbers, and early math
- Hands-on science explorations, social studies, and neighborhood studies
- Art, music, physical education, and movement for exercising of motor skills
- Social development, teamwork, being a good friend, and community building
CP Kids Preschool is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with an extended day option and a flexible schedule option for parents who want a wider time frame. There are also 2, 3, and 5 day options to choose from.
Teachers seek to contact parents once a day and stay in communication with them throughout the program. Communication occurs through information chats, newsletters and written communication.
CP Kids uses a multi-age classroom, which gives children exposure to peers of different age groups and maturity levels. This is important for development purposes. Faculty attempt to prepare children for kindergarten through the CP Kids Preschool program. By keeping the classes small, teachers are able to spend more time with each child and get to know them on a personal level.