Deep in the heart of Manhattan’s Chelsea community is the Guardian Angel School, a traditional Catholic school founded 1911.
The school is built on two foundational education prongs: Catholicism and academics.
The Catholic prong of Guardian Angel’s curriculum aspires to:
- Teach Catholic doctrine and spirituality based upon God’s love for each student
- Instill in students a love for God and each other
- Inspire each student to live out their faith every day
- Help each student to become a responsible citizen socially, morally, and environmentally
Academics at Guardian Angel is geared toward enabling each student to:
- Develop a desire to learn
- Understand the importance of knowledge and its benefits
- Develop academic skills in areas of the curriculum
- Become responsible and mature students
The school day begins at 8:20 a.m. Pre-kindergarten through third grade are in class until 11:30 a.m. in the morning and from 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the afternoon. Grades 4 through 8 remain in class until 12:30 p.m. for the morning session and from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. for the afternoon session.
Each day the school doors open at 7:45 a.m. and breakfast is served.
The school boasts of a 95%+ acceptance rate in the high school of choice for its students. In addition, the majority of Guardian Angel School’s students score at or above the national level on national and state standardized tests.
If you are looking for an elementary education for your child based on Christian precepts then Guardian Angel School in Manhattan is a good choice.